LS Dyna

LS Dyna

How to run Autodyn Parallel Processing in CentOS linux 7 for multicores computer

• TaoZhanping
      Subscriber

Hello, I'd like to  run Autodyn Parallel Processing in linux for a multicores computer. I set the tasks to 4 in Windows and make the "parallel.cfg" file,as the picture showed, as the Ansys HELP introduced.Platform MPI files has been installed and the MPI_ROOT has added to the path environment variable.But when I run the Autodyn with the command:

Autodyn192 -I 'admodel' -C 0

the "appfiles" which should be generated automatically doesn't appear in the running directory.What's more, from the CPU used I think the Autodyn is not in parallel.

There are two questions:

1 How to run Autodyn Parallel Processing in linux for a multicores computer?

2 Sometimes I will get the information when running Autodyn in Linux:

Errors in run reported to log file linux autodyn. Why is this happening?

Any comment will be appreciated!

• Chris Quan
      Ansys Employee
      First of all, after transferring the configuration file parallel.cfg from Windows to Linux machine, dos2unix utility should be used to convert the parallel.cfg file to unix format. Otherwise it may not be properly readable. The command format shall be "dos2unix parallel.cfg".
      Also, no need to use the quotation mark for the model name when running Autodyn in Linux. You can use:
      Autodyn192 -I admodel
      if you are running the model from the cycle 0.

• TaoZhanping
      Subscriber
      Thanks for your comment! However, after I convert the parallel.cfg file by command 'dos2unix' and get the "dos2unix parallel.cfg", the Autodyn is still not in parallel. This is the files when it running. Could you tell me is there anyting wrong? The model runs from the cycle 909

• Chris Quan
      Ansys Employee
      The model ran with parallel processing but it only used one core. Thus there is only one slave log file in the directory.
      In the parallel.cfg file, only host1 is defined. "host2" is not defined. Thus, only host1 is used in parallel processing. You need to define host2 as well.

• fengzhu
      Subscriber
      Hello, you should already be able to run autodyn on your Linux system, can you refer to your final script? Shall we communicate by e-mail? Thank you
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.