Fluids

Fluids

How to run Fluent DPM in HPC?

• dk89
      Subscriber

Hi,

I have created a UDF (type: DPM_BC) and run some simulations successfully on my own computer. My UDF is compiled only for serial processing. For my simulations I inject around 3 million solid particles, so I need something more powerful to save time. For this reason, I have run simulations in HPC for the air flow field only without considering particle ingestion. Thus, I want to also run DPM in HPC. Because I don't have experience to modify my UDF to run it with parallel processing yet, I want to try running DPM in HPC with serial processing. I have an issue with the UDF compilation.

So, my question is how should I modify my journal file to include the UDF compilation in CSF? Apart from my case, data, journal files, C file, UDFlibrary (obtained from fluent), do I need to import other files in HPC folder? Moreover, which commands should I use in CSF to run the simulation with serial processing?

Thank you.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

You compile the UDF for the release and OS and solver (3d or 2d dp or sp) you need and you just load it when you want to run the case. Just prepare the required library

• dk89
      Subscriber

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. I compiled my UDF to run it in Fluent, but how could I compile my UDF in the journal file to run it in HPC? Is it possible to run my UDF with serial processing in HPC? If so, how could I do that? Could you help me with this? Because, until now my only experience in HPC is to run parallel simulations for the air flow field only without particle ingestion.

Thank you.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.