Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

Topics cover installation and configuration of our free student products

How to run more than one case (and/or more than 4-processes) in ANSYS Fluent 2022 R1 (student)?

• azazmce
      Subscriber

Hello, I have used few different student versions, where I could use more than 4-processes (up 11-processes maybe). Also it was possible to run more than one case (without workbench) at the same time.

However, with the new student version 2022 R1, I am unable to do neither. I cannot use more than one case at a time where the maximum allowable processes is 4 (including the GPU). Does new student version include more limitations? Is there any way around this issue?

I tried changing the PC as well; same result.

Ps. The case I am trying to run is a 2D axisymmetric geometry and contains only 12,480 mesh elements.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Pretty sure we dropped the core count from 8 a couple of years back, but also increased the cell count for Mechanical at the same time. Student is there to learn on, so no need for extra cpu as even for CFD 4 cores is plenty for the permitted model size.
      If you do need more cpu and multiple jobs at once you'll need to use the University licences.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.