November 25, 2019 at 9:19 amTayyabaSubscriber
I hope you are doing well, I want to change the interval of saving the fluent files after having simulations for certain time, for example
I initiated the case for end time 10 sec and under calculation activities- Auto save Every 100 time steps.So I was getting the saved file right after each 100th step but I want to change this interval from 100 to 10 from time 8-10 sec it means for last 2sec. When I do this in Fluent I do not have previous solution files and it starts the case from 0 sec.Ultimately I get the error in System coupling:
"(DP 0) System coupling run completed with errors. Fluid Flow (Fluent) (Solution 1) reported: The current flow time obtained from the Fluent input files did not match the initial time obtained from the System Coupling Service"
So how can I recover the previous fluent solution files if I change the interval in between my simulation?
November 25, 2019 at 1:58 pmRobAnsys Employee
If the files aren't there there's nothing to recover. If you were using autosave the files should be in the Workbench folder, but depending on what you did you may have deleted them.
November 27, 2019 at 10:30 amTayyabaSubscriber
Thank you very much for your email, I am working with FSI problem and followed the following steps:
1. I run the simulation for end time 10sec and set the auto save interval 100 in fluent
2. I interrupted the system coupling at somewhere around 9sec
3. I open the fluent setup and change there the auto save interval to 10
4. I open system coupling setup-it asks' Upstream data needs to be re-read.Would you like to read the upstream data? I say -yes
5. I update the system coupling-and it says:
(DP 0) System coupling run completed with errors. Fluid Flow (Fluent) (Solution 1) reported: The current flow time obtained from the Fluent input files did not match the initial time obtained from the System Coupling Service: Please do not save the project if you would like to recover to the last saved state.
what I think is by changing the autos ave interval ,it is not taking the fluent case from the last time step.If so then why?
November 27, 2019 at 12:54 pmTayyabaSubscriber
I got the solution as follows:
Instead of clicking fluent setup, edit by right clicking the solution tab-auto save for different interval-warning:The settings have changed in Fluent. How would you like to proceed : Use Setting changes for current calculation only-click OK
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.