Fluids

Fluids

How to save node number at first time step

• Shiv1510
      Subscriber

Hello everyone,

I am trying to write an UDF to store x,y,z and node number of a 3D geometry/mesh at 1st time step. Later I want to refer the same node number and positions (at first time step) to calculate new positions of nodes in further time step. I am using DEFINE_GRID_MOTION macro to move my nodes. Do I need an array that would store x,y,z and node number in first time step ? or is there a way around it ? I am very new to UDF coding, can anyone help me as to how can I define an array to store the x,y,z and node number at first time step and refer it further time steps ? 

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

I guess this is not documented how to access the node Id.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Anyway if you are beginner I recommend to start using the exampling in the manual and to have a good C book and to check online resources too.

• Shiv1510
      Subscriber

Thank you Amine, Yes I was not able to find any way to access node Id in manual. Is it not just documented or is it not possible to access node Id at all ? 

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      One can access it but its not documented. So I cannot tell here how to access it.
    • Shiv1510
      Subscriber

I understand, if as a user I cannot access it, is there any other way to refer to initial coordinates of the mesh at different time steps ?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.