August 29, 2022 at 4:38 pmdyatSubscriber
Prior to Ansys version 2021, it was possible to use the "anslic_admin" program to select the preferred order in which licenses were checked out (so a user could choose to use Academic Research instead of Academic Teaching licenses, for example.)
But, the anslic_admin is no longer used in recent Ansys releases. How can a user select whether teaching or research licenses will be used if the license server includes both types of license features?
August 30, 2022 at 11:34 amGeorge KarnosAnsys Employee
Open Workbench and then Mechanical.
Go to: File->Licensing
Order the licenses there.
August 30, 2022 at 1:48 pmdyatSubscriber
Thanks for your reply, but I don't understand it. I start Workbench on linux using "runwb2' but I don't see any item named "Licensing" in the File menu.
Do you mean to start DesignModeler when you wrote "open Mechanical"? I don't see a Licensing item in the file menu there either.
What about if somebody wants to use fluent or Electronics Desktop? How can they indicate they want to use research or teaching licenses for those applications?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- Error with workbench SceneGraphChart
- Workbench error
- Workbench not opening
- How can I renew ANSYS student version license?
- License Error
- An error occurred when the post processor attempted to load a specific result.
- Licensing error while opening ANSYS Mechanical
- Licensing Error
- Problem with FlexNet Licensing
- ConfigureThisMachine Returns Error 1