General Mechanical

General Mechanical

How to set a DOF of remote displacement up when the scoping method is selected by REMOTE POINT with

• munkhunur
      Subscriber

Hello dear all

How to set a DOF of remote displacement up when the scoping method is selected by REMOTE POINT with manual definition DOF (active/inactive)?

For example:

If the X component is active in the definition of REMOTE POINT, how to choose DOF of X component of REMOTE DISPLACEMENT children? Is it free or constant?

I hope someone who has an experience about this question. Could you please explain for us? Thanks

• Sean Harvey
      Ansys Employee
      Hello,nSo in this case you have X,Y and RotZ Inactive. That means the remote displacement Pilot node will not couple in that DOF, so if you did specify say 1mm on X component (where you have it set to Free right now, since X is inactive, the scoped to 6 edges you have will not get that 1mm displacement. Similarly for Y and RotZ. Does that help clarify?.Thank younSeann
    • munkhunur
      Subscriber
      Dear SeannThank you for hearing me. You mean that if I select INACTIVE option in the X component of REMOTE POINT, the specified displacement (for example 1 mm) in the REMOTE DISPLACEMENT does not affect or does not work in that DOF in this case. On the other hand If i set inactive, the components of remote displacement it does not matter it is 1 mm or free or constant. is that right?nI am really wondering that what is difference between these DOFs of remote point and remote displacement? What is difference between REMOTE POINT and REMOTE DISPLACEMENT ?nI am using these remote point and remote displacement by out-of-plane conctrainer for the cantilever beam. Could you give me a suggestion How can I make the constrainer for that following beam? Could you please make me my day? I really stuck on there. nThank you so muchnUnur n
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.