August 15, 2019 at 2:02 pmHshaySubscriber
Greetings everyone! I am a graduate student who majors in LS-DYNA, I was simulating the cable(also as wire, web, rope) with APDL recently, I set up the model with link167 and elastic material, but I found when the rigid ball hit the web, the web just can't stop vibrating, I think there should be damp somewhere or should I change link167 to link180?can you guys tell me how to adjust it and how to use hyperelastic material? Thank you very much!!!
August 15, 2019 at 2:12 pmjj77Subscriber
Not sure what 167 (explict perhaps).
If you are using APDL nonlinear transient dynamic (implicit)
You need to add damping in form of Rayleigh damp.:
E.g. (You need to find the correct values),
Just as an example
For explicit see how damping is defined in LSDYNA say ( I do not have any exp. in Ansys - LS DYNA)
(e.g., EDDAMP command )
There is an example about this command and damping in appendix D of the ANSYS LS-Dyna User Guide in Ansys help.
Perhaps this is of use also
or in MP, BETD or MP,ALPD command
August 16, 2019 at 2:08 amHshaySubscriber
Thank you so much for your reply, I am working on it just as what you say, thank you!!!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.