Fluids

Fluids

How to set DPM boundary condition for “interface” in Fluent?

• jianan.zhao
      Subscriber

Hi everyone,

I have trouble with choosing the correct boundary condition for DPM simulation in Fluent. There are two domains: room domain and human airway domain as shown in figures. The interface between those two domains is named "mouth-inlet", which is set as velocity inlet. Particles are injected at the table in room domain. I would like to see how many particles are transported into human airway. 

What type of boundary condition should be imposed at the "mouth-inlet" to let particles be tracked continuously in both room and airway domains? Can I use UDF to impose an interior boundary condition for the mouth-inlet? I would very much like to know how to write interior boundary condition UDF for DPM simulation. I really appreciate any help.             -- Jianan 

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Hi,

Can you please try Post processing --> model specific --> Discrete phase --> Sample. 

Sampling of DPM particles can be used to get the information of particles passing through the boundary (passing position and particle velocity and particle size, etc.).

Regards,

Keyur

• jianan.zhao
      Subscriber

Hi Keyur,

Thank you for reply. I will try your method. By the way, do I need to use UDF also? Thank you.

Regards,

Jianan

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Hi,

For general purpose sampling you do not require any UDF.

A.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.