Fluids

Fluids

How to set intermittent spray injection in fluent DPM?

• RajasekarK123
      Subscriber
      I need to spray liquid in the spray chamber at different timings like 0 to 10s, 30 to 40s, 50 to 60s. is it possible to define such injectionn
    • Surya Deb
      Ansys Employee
      Hello, nYou can define multiple injections with the exact same properties but different start and stop times. nFor the 2nd injection, use start time as 0 s and stop time as 10 s...For the 2nd injection, use start as 30 s and stop as 40 s, etc. nYou could also make use of file injection and Execute Command options to read in the injection file during these intervals.nRegards,nSDn
    • RajasekarK123
      Subscriber
      I tried with different injections with different injection timings but the first injection only injects the spray for the set period, other injections not injecting any at their specified flow timingsnn
    • Surya Deb
      Ansys Employee
      Check your mass flow rates. Are they the same for all the injections? Also, are the injected particles being tracked properly?n
    • RajasekarK123
      Subscriber
      I have same mass flow rates for all the injections and particles also tracked properlyn
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Are the other injection properties (position etc) the same? Each injection will have a different ID so what happens if you plot injection:2 (or whatever it's called) when it should be active?n
    • RajasekarK123
      Subscriber
      Yes all the injections are defined at same coordinate, other than injection 1 no other other injections are spraying liquid. when i plotted mass flow rate of liquid at outlet the curve has some value only for the first injection flow period and stops at the end of injection 1 then the curve reaches 0 kg/s. no other injections are starting even their specified flow time exceeds.n
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.