Fluids

Fluids

How to set power generation as a function of height?

• canderous
      Subscriber

I'm working on a project of the thermal management of lithium ion battery packs, and I'm having some trouble in setting up the initial boundary conditions of the batteries. I've tried using the MSMD model and got it to work with a single cell, but found great difficulty in getting it to work for multiple cells in a pack, so now I just wish to approximate this model by setting the temperature or power generation as a function of the height of the battery, similar to this model I found in an academic paper (It unfortunately does not go into detail on how the model was set up, only that the model assumes an even power generation rate irrespective of time and temperature, with power generation set as a function of height coordinate):

• Murari Iyengar
      Ansys Employee
      Hi canderous You can use Named Expressions to define the temperature/power as a function of height. Alternatively, you can also import a file which includes the values depending on height.
      5.3.2. Named Expressions (ansys.com)
    • canderous
      Subscriber
      Thanks for the response miyengar I ended up making a user defined function:
      348[K]+0.0375[K/mm]*y
      which seemed to do the trick.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.