March 8, 2022 at 10:42 amMariah HaSubscriber
Most of the lumerical examples with silicon material use ref concentration doping as 1e+06 (cm-3). Why this value exactly? How do I set the correct value for this parameter . In my case I am using a constant doping of (1e+15) all over the structure , and (1e+19) as peak concentration in the diffusion doping region. Should the ref concentration be set to (1e+15) in this case?March 9, 2022 at 6:18 pmKhashayar GhaffariAnsys EmployeeHi As you know the ref concentration indicates the minimum value for the diffusion type doping. I think a concentration of 1e6 cm-3 is negligible, so as long as the value is small enough the chosen number in our examples is arbitrary.
In your case I recommend visualizing the doping once you set up the simulation; for this mesh the structure and visualize grid>N. Does the profile match your intended doping? Using a constant doping as you described is a good way to fix the minimum doping value across the entire simulation.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.