February 15, 2023 at 3:24 amhsj119152Subscriber
The paper presents a core-shell cylindrical structure with a metal coated. The thickness of the metal layer is 10nm and the radius of the medium layer is 2.49μm. It is mentioned in the paper that FDTD is used to simulate this structure. The mesh of metal layer is 1nm, and the mesh of medium layer and background is 10nm. May I ask how to set this triangular non-uniform mesh in FDTD?
Figure 1 is the structure diagram given in the paper. Figure 2 shows the grid setup in the paper.
Reference：Liu, Cheng-Yang, and Kai-Lung Hsiao. "Direct imaging of optimal photonic nanojets from core-shell microcylinders." Optics Letters 40.22 (2015): 5303-5306.
February 15, 2023 at 10:55 pmAmrita PatiAnsys Employee
FDTD doesn’t support triangular mesh, it uses rectilinear mesh.
DGTD, on the other hand uses triangular mesh in 2D and tetrahedral mesh in 3D. The similarities and differences between FDTD and DGTD can be found in the video linked below:
Fore more information on DGTD, please visit the following page:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.