Fluids

Fluids

How to set up/input a mixture fluid?

• José Mantovani
      Subscriber

Hello everyone!

I need create a mixture of NaOH diluted in water (1%). I need create this material to use in a cavitation hydrodynamic simulation.

So, how make this? I think maybe I should change the cavitation pressure value (I'm not sure if introducing NaOH into water changes this variable).

Thanks!

Mantovani. 

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

First of all you create a new fluid material for Natriumhydroxid if not available in the database. You can add then water-liquid. Then you enable the species transport model. Go back to materials and edit the mixture template to contain the new fluid and water liquid. Please set the water component to be the abundant specie.  If you are just trying to create a new water with NaOh dissolved in it without tracking the diffusion process of the solute then you can just change the material properties of water-liquid according to the concentration (which remains fixed). The same is true if you create the mixture material initialize with the mass fraction of the NaOH and then switch off the species equations

Regarding vapor pressure please check some references likes: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF02575133

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.