Fluids

Fluids

How to set up the moving solid fluid interface with constant velocity?

• kashfia.mahin
      Subscriber

I want to move the solid-fluid interface in the Ansys fluent. It will move in the gas phase with constant velocity in the fluid. Gas has its own flow. I applied the dynamic mesh condition for the gas flow.

But also the solid has the velocity and as the motion for the solid is constant, I didn't use the UDF file Rigid body.

I just indicated in the boundary conditions as moving wall for the solid.

But after the solution, I only see the moving mesh for the gas but not for the solid_fluid interface.

In that case , how do I understand where I am doing mistake and and how should I make it right??

• Surya Deb
      Ansys Employee
      Hello,
      It is not at all clear as to what you are trying to do.
      I would suggest you to please embed an image or screenshot of the model so that we understand it better.
      Also, wall motion as boundary condition is only applicable for motion tangential to the wall direction. Normal components will be ignored.
      Regards SD
    • kashfia.mahin
      Subscriber
      Thanks for your reply.
      The areas of the square blocks are the interfaces and go through the fluid chamber towards the +x direction. there will be no movement in the y and z-direction. here fluid will flow in the -ve x direction.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      You'll need moving deforming mesh. I'd start by reading up on that and focussing on layering.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.