Fluids

Fluids

How to setup the Time step animation correctly?

• José Mantovani
      Subscriber

Hello everyone!

I calculate a transient flow and I get 200s of flow.

I create a animation video type time step of this flow, choosen the first to last step (all time steps), but the video have just 5s. Why? What can I have gone wrong? I using the CFD Post...

Thanks all!

• Vishal Ganore
      Ansys Employee

Have you loaded all the transient solution data files under CFD post? How many time steps do you see under time-step selector?

• raul.raghav
      Subscriber

Mantovani, please refer to the following screenshot if you're using Timestep Animation

If you're using Keyframe Animation (the default setting is 24 fps), please refer to the following post:

Keyframe Animation

• José Mantovani
      Subscriber

Hello Rahul and Vishal, thanks for the greatful help!

So Rahul, I open again the CFD Post and I used the setting as control by Timestep. Now I use in the same way of screenshot above and set control by time. I stay waiting some minutes for it's run and I see what I get. 

Thanks one more time!

Mantovani. 

• José Mantovani
      Subscriber

So, Now I get the video with the set in the same way of Rahul's screenshot, but equal before the video just have 5s. 

Below a image of maybe a solution, I have a doubt... And a contour in a sometime of my simulation, ploting vorticity. 

For this, I used a steady state first with SST k-omega and second LES model. 

Thanks! 

Mantovani. 

• raul.raghav
      Subscriber

Mantovani, sorry for the late reply. The attached screenshot would definitely work. CFD-Post has a default setting of 24fps. Rest should be pretty much self-explanatory.

• José Mantovani
      Subscriber

Thanks Rahul, I will try do this! I warning you, if it works.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.