March 21, 2021 at 5:38 pmGordievsky87SubscriberHi everyone. nCould you tell me please, how to show the center of mass of a model opened in the mechanical? nAnd how to measure a model in the mechanical? n
March 22, 2021 at 5:56 am1shanAnsys EmployeeHelloArray,nYou could find the centroid location under geometry>solid body>properties. You could also attach a coordinate system to the body which will automatically get fixed to the CG. Can you be more specific with what you want to measure? You could check out the Measure option in Spaceclaim.nRegards,Ishan. n
March 23, 2021 at 3:28 amGordievsky87SubscriberI mean. I have an assembly of electric motor (for example) built in the Inventor. And i want to make a modal analysis in Ansys. So, i simplify my assembly so that i remove alll small but heavy elements like a stator coil and so on and replace it by point masses in the mechanical. After that i would like to know where the center of mass of the electric motor is to make sure it is in the same location as in the original assembly. nLike on the picture below.nn
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.