November 22, 2022 at 7:33 pmPeter JonsonSubscriber
I have a vertical electric motor which rotates at 25 Hz. The motor's natural frequency is 25 Hz too. I want to simulate a rubber material with additional weight on the top of the motor like vibration damper. I don't know what exactly rubber I will use. Just wanna see if any changes in damping will occur.
I know that there are some rubbers material in workbench i can use.
My question is should I set up a damping coefficient for these rubbers ?
I am also wondering maybe someone already performing similar simulation and I would be very interested to get a link.
Thanks in advance.
November 23, 2022 at 8:31 amErik KostsonAnsys Employee
Never seen an analysis of exactly this situation.
You could add damping as that will represent reality the best , but one would need to measure the damping or if it is known from the manufacturer (if they have measured it), etc. Damping is always hard to know I think in dynamic analysis especially for non-metallic material.
All the best
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.