March 28, 2021 at 7:59 amGordievsky87Subscriber
I have an electric motor and it shows various bearing vibrations on different foundations (in reality). The reason for such behaviour is the different stiffness of foundations. I want to figure out the stiffness values of these foundations by selecting different stiffness values in the mechanical.
I perform modal analysis and set the fixed support on the bottom of the motor. Then I get the natural frequencies of the motor on the max rigid foundation.March 31, 2021 at 12:15 pm1shanAnsys Employee,nHave you tried using an elastic support? RMB>Modal>elastic support (refer Elastic Support (ansys.com)). If you want to include tangential stiffness as well you can use a bonded contact with command snippets. Check this out https://mechanicsandmachines.com/?p=258.nnnRegards,nIshan. nhttps://forum.ansys.com/discussion/3978/how-to-access-the-ansys-online-helpnApril 5, 2021 at 3:59 amGordievsky87SubscriberIshan, thank you. nI have used elastic support but it led to error too. nViewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.