Fluids

Fluids

How to simulate effect of air purifier in terms of purification in different location of domain?

• Subho
      Subscriber

I am trying to check change of concentration due to purifier, i.e. change of concentration or mass of pollutant (PM 2.5 and PM 10) at various locations(marked 1 to 6 in attachment). Purifier consists of filters and blower. Blower is used to increase the velocity or flow rate through filter (details are in attachments).

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      I've removed the phone number, please keep discussions on here. nI'm not sure what you're trying to do. You can report a volume integral for the filter region(s) of the DPM concentration. The porous media acts as a momentum/pressure sink, it doesn't have a physical presence so you'll report DPM in the open volume specified. n
    • Subho
      Subscriber
      I am going to investigate effect of filter in terms of purification. Suppose we put an air purifier in any place when it is running it will reduce the concentration of particle because of purification. Can we simulate this scenario in Fluent? n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      You'll need a way of killing particles when they hit the filter. The default boundary options will trap/escape/reflect/ignore ALL particles hitting a surface so you'll need a UDF. You'll want to read up on DEFINE_DPM_BC in the UDF manual. nTo start with assume the filters are 100% efficient and see what happens. n
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.