April 26, 2021 at 6:34 pmChris KopetskiAnsys EmployeeI built a triangular ring nanostructure in FDTD. I measured the transmission spectra using unpolarized light. I know how to simulate the charge distribution using polarized light. But how could I get the charge distribution with unpolarized light?.Question migrated from the Lumerical Knowledge Exchangen
April 26, 2021 at 6:44 pmChris KopetskiAnsys EmployeeThe following page explains how to get the electric field intensity for an unpolarized system. In short, you must run two simulations (one for each polarization) and then average the resulting intensities. nhttps://forum.ansys.com/discussion/25585/ansys-insight-unpolarized-beamnThe same approach will be required to get the charge distribution. Run two simulations to get the charge distribution for each polarization. Simply average the resulting distributions. n
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Lumerical support has moved to the Ansys Learning Forum (ALF)
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- focusing efficiency