September 4, 2023 at 6:56 amJian LiuSubscriber
Hello everyone, I am using FLUENT software to do numerical simulations of metal dissimilar welding and I am experiencing some difficulties.
- If I use VOF to build the model, can I set only two phases (upper gas domain, lower layer stacked with two layers of metal)?
- If a gas-liquid two-phase flow is used, how are the two metal materials below the gas domain set?
- Previously, I had simulated the melting of a single layer of metal (setting gas and metal materials), and after initialization, I used the "patch" function to customize the area size of the second phase (i.e. metal phase), when the matrix contains two metal materials, how do I make the two phases one?
- I would be grateful for any recovery! Thanks again!
September 11, 2023 at 2:05 pmRobAnsys Employee
If the solid & melt are the same material have a look at the solidification & melting model in Fluent. With VOF you can have lots of different phases, I'm fairly sure there is a limit but would be very surprised if anyone ever reached it!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.