November 8, 2018 at 5:46 pmBruno1995Subscriber
I read an article that the author simulated this problem statically:
In the shaft has been radius all 0.003 m in size. He consider AISI 1050 steel with Young's elasticity modulus of 206.8 GPa and Poisson modulus of 0.28, Suit = 690 Mpa, S = 580 Mpa.
So he did it:
And your result was:
I know his results is correct, obviously, but when I try to do the same thing:
Am I using the correct displacement?
November 8, 2018 at 8:59 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
I can't see if you have your Z axis along the shaft axis. I will assume you do.
I recommend a first remote displacement at end A that has zero displacement for x, y and z, and zero Rotation about the Z axis, while leaving the rotation about the X and Y axes Free. A second remote displacement at end B that has zero displacement for x and y and all others Free.
I can't tell if when you scoped your remote force to the center face, if you offset the automatically created Coordinate System that would have been created at the center of that center face to put it at the offset 75/100 mm position along the axis on the center face.
November 9, 2018 at 1:12 amBruno1995Subscriber
Thank you so much, you are the best peter.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.