August 24, 2023 at 7:49 pmsroccaSubscriber
I created a wire bond to 2 pads to the 2 pads on my resonator. There is no GND in the resonator because they are differential excited. I simplified the model to be just the lumped port(red) connecting 2 PEC pads (orange). I am not getting good results. Is this how I should create the ports? Thanks.
Additional details about real life experiment: The resonator is glued to the PCB. The PCB has a GND
August 28, 2023 at 2:06 pmAymenAnsys Employee
Make sure you're including all possible couplings. In your case, I'd expect to see some impact of the ground plane of the PCB so I' add at least a dummy metal sheet below the entire geometry and reference my ports there.
August 28, 2023 at 8:25 pmsroccaSubscriber
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Process ‘3dtds’ terminated abnormally
- Error while solving Optimetrics
- Concept of Interpolation Sweep in HFSS
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.