General Mechanical

General Mechanical

How to solve Pivot error while using INISTATE command?

• elhamasadi
      Subscriber
      HinI want to apply welding residual stresses (using INISTATE command) on my model, but I keep receiving PIVOT ERROR.nPlus, I've simulated the same settings for other geometries, But now my geometry is a little bit more nonlinear .n
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      nYou have not provided enough detail to help you. This error is usually due to an insufficiently constrained model.n
    • elhamasadi
      Subscriber
      nI figured out that I have some unattached geometry. My main geometry is to plates perpendicular to one another to form a stiffened plate. (one plate acts as a beam, but because of limitations I've modeled it as a plate to consider the geometrical imperfections using equation tool in Spaceclaim)nI must say that I've used share topology option in Spaceclaim, but still its unattached, It would be nice if you could give me some advice on that.nn
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      If you attach a zip file containing your Project Archive .wbpz file, I could open the geometry in SpaceClaim and take a look. I see you are using ANSYS 2019, but are you using R1 or R2? Please say the version in your reply.n
    • elhamasadi
      Subscriber
      nHere's the project archive.nI'm using ANSYS 2019 R3!nThanks a lotn
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      nAll you have to do is Pull the lower edge of the web, but use the Up To button, then pick the wavy surface. Now the Share button works to recognize the common edge.nn
    • elhamasadi
      Subscriber
      nThanks a lotnBut can anyone else download my project?nIf so, how can I remove it?n
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      Yes, anyone can download any attachment on the Forum.nThe Student Community from last year allowed you to delete your old posts. When it relaunched a few months ago as the Forum, they changed the rules and now all posts are permanent. I can't remove it from my post. You can try to post a request to delete the attachments on the forum Feedback page.n
    • elhamasadi
      Subscriber
      Thank you for your guidance, I'll do that.n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Done, the change was made to stop users deleting whole threads when their question had been answered. n
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.