Fluids

Fluids

How to solve “unbound variable error”

• ecrod
      Subscriber
      I have recently updated Fluent 2019R2 to 2020R2. After update it, when I launch the Fluent with previously saved case file -double clicking on it, I get the unbound variable error and the case file is not imported. nBut it is working without error if Fluent is opened from *.exe and then import case file and data.nHow can I solve this error to open it directly using double clicking on case file ?nThanks in advance.n
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      This is not fluent issue. This is windows issue. nYou need to set it option of 'open with' in windows. Set correct path while using open with. nRegards,nKeyurnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning ForumnHow to access ANSYS help linksnn
    • ecrod
      Subscriber
      Hello kkanade.nI followed your suggestion. However I am still receiving the same message.nIt was the path: C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v202\fluenttbin\win64\fluentnRegards,nElias.n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      I suggest you open the Fluent launcher and in 2020Rx you can then select case and data and pick the file(s). Double clicking tends to risk opening the wrong solver version and may, or may not trigger other errors. n
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.