September 6, 2022 at 9:49 amcez198229Subscriber
I am trying to develop Hexa mesh in a flow domain with a scour hole around the bottom of the cylinder. The flow domain is shown in the figure.
The cylinder and the bottom surface are treated as walls, so the inflation layers must be provided around them.
To provide the inflation layer to the bottom surface with scour hole, first layer thickness, growth rate and the number of layers are provided to the edges 1,2,3,4, 10,11,12 and 13 (as shown in the blocking figure). But the edge properties provided to the edges 1,2,3,4 are getting copied to all the parallel edges (edges 5,6,7,8,9 and the edges in the same row). It leads to the development of inflation layers above the bottom surface in the scour hole region (as shown in the attached figure).
I need the inflation layer only to the bottom surface in the scour hole region but not above it.
Please suggest possible solutions to this problem.
September 6, 2022 at 10:55 am
September 8, 2022 at 9:22 am
September 8, 2022 at 1:09 pmKeyur KanadeAnsys Employee
No. of nodes will be same as it is hex mesh. Only thing is you can move vertex to increase edge length.
Please go through help manual for more details
September 19, 2022 at 4:57 amcez198229Subscriber
Thank you, I solved the issue.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- How to work with STL file?
- Using Symmetry in DesignModeler and Expanding the Results
- Rotate tool in ANSYS Design Modeler
- drawing a geometry by importing a table of points
- section plane
- material properties
- ANSYS FLUENT – Operation would result in non manifold bodies
- Geometry scaling
- Parameters not imported into Workbench 18.2 from Solidworks/Inventor
- Convert Surface body to solid
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.