Preprocessing

Preprocessing

How to specify more constraints such that a surface extrusion can adhere to another surface contour?

• AndrewZCalSol
      Subscriber

3) After finishing in ACP Pre, I noticed a few concerns with regards to how the layups were extruded. In the screenshot below taken from Static Structural, one of the parts is extruded (red box showing cross sectional cut) such that one of the sides (yellow line) sticks out of the shell and does not 'ride' along its contour (green line). To be fair, this surface was instructed to be extruded directly downwards (orange arrow) in the Oriented sections section of ACP Pre Setup. 

• April Wang
      Ansys Employee
      Hi The images you shared cannot be viewed. Without images, I cannot capture the idea for this one.
      Could you please update the images?
      Thank you so much.

April
    • AndrewZCalSol
      Subscriber
      Thanks for the reply! Here is my attempt to repeat the post with attached images.

3) After finishing in ACP Pre, I noticed a few concerns with regards to how the layups were extruded. In the screenshot below taken from Static Structural, one of the parts is extruded (red box showing cross sectional cut) such that one of the sides (yellow line) sticks out of the shell and does not 'ride' along its contour (green line). To be fair, this surface was instructed to be extruded directly downwards (orange arrow) in the Oriented sections section of ACP Pre Setup.

Is there a way to specify more constraints such that this part can adhere to the shell's contour on that specified side only?
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.