March 18, 2022 at 6:25 amHaiquanSubscriber
I don't want to generate two nodes which are very close due to a small line.
I try to merge the close nodes after mesh is finished, but this seems not easy as the mesh is solid element and this will cause error element. Can I suppress the small line in Mechanical or SCDM before generating mesh?March 18, 2022 at 3:02 pmGovindan NagappanAnsys EmployeeUse Virtual topology to merger faces or edges
Right click on Model branch in Mechanical/Meshing application and insert Virtual topology. Select the edges or faces and right click and insert virtual cell to remove the sliver face or edge
Or see if defeaturing tolerance in details of mesh helps. Use a tolerance larger than the sliver edge
Or see if pinch control helps. Check Meshing application documentation for details on pinch control
March 22, 2022 at 9:19 amHaiquanSubscriberThank you very much for your comments! I tried the defeature and it worked.
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.