Fluids

Fluids

How to take transmission coefficient, reflection coefficient and wave energy dissipation coefficient

• Amrutha
      Subscriber

I'm doing my mtech project on breakwaters in ansys fluent...

I'm in end of my project but I'm stuck here I'm not getting how to take transmission coefficient, reflection coefficient and wave energy dissipation coefficients even how to take refracted wave height.

So please guide me.....

It will help me to complete my project... So please guide me..

Thank you

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Someone else was asking about waves earlier today, might be worth you comparing notes.
      Waves will hit something and deflect, based on turbulence, height, speed etc. You'll need to determine those parameters from the results.
    • Amrutha
      Subscriber
      Sir, it's a 3d model
      Tha waves made to hit the breakwater...
      How to extract the results in fluent....
      I need those coefficient and heigh
      Can you suggest the steps to extract results
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello I'd suggest that you look into the literature on how these coefficients are generally estimated. As pointed out, you will need to account for all the parameters to obtain these coefficients. These are going to be some derived parameters and you will not be able to obtain them directly from Fluent. I'm sure someone in this area might be able to point you to the relevant resource.
      Karthik
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      And in terms of wave height, look at an iso surface of VOF and colour by the relevant mesh coordinate (ie "up").
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.