Fluids

Fluids

How to trace WSS at a point?

• mudrikasinghal
      Subscriber

Hello All,

I am working on transient simulations in ANSYS Fluent. I want to analyze WSS at a point varying with time. Can someone please help me with that?

I have tried the following things:

1. By taking a point on the wall, tried to monitor via surface report, but not sure about the report type.
      2. Also tried in XY plot (transient) in CFD Post, but not obtaining any value.

Can someone please help with that?

Thanks in advance!

• Murari Iyengar
      Ansys Employee
      Hi msrocks You can do this through Report Definitions. Select New>Surface Report>Area Weighted Average. In the File variable, select Wall Fluxes and then Wall Shear Stress. Next, select the surfaces of interest and also select the Report Plot option. Fluent will now plot the Shear Stress as iterations go on.
    • mudrikasinghal
      Subscriber
      Thank you, Miyengar for answering the question.
      But I have one more doubt, does 'Area weighted average' is a good option for analysis at a point or some other report plot option should be used? Like 'vertex average' or any other? I am not very sure about it. Actually, earlier I have worked with monitoring parameters over surfaces where I have used 'area-weighted average' but monitoring for a point for the first time.
      Thank you!

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      With points it's a little different as there's no area to average over. The vertex values are usually suitable, and if the mesh is well resolved you shouldn't see much difference in min, max and mean.
    • mudrikasinghal
      Subscriber
      Okay, thank you Rob!
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.