Fluids

Fluids

how to use DEFINE_GRID_MOTION to control the wall moving using temperature?

• lvxk
      Subscriber

hello,thank you very much firstly,i met a problem that i want to achieve an aim that control the interface between the solid and melt,this problem be said the“stefan problem” ,the melt will take place the solidification and release the latent heat,The interface will be out of shape by time,so i make a simplification,i give the second boundary condition give the interface a heat flux,so i need calculate the shape of solid liquid interphase ,when the temperature is high,the interface will close to the melt,and Finally,the temperature of interface will be the melting point. but i find some UDF about DEFINE_GRID_MOTION,it is hard for me to find related case,so The question is do you have some case abuout using temperature to control the wall moving,the second question is simplification reasonable? because of the pull rate is a contant and the always in X direction. Thanks for your answer sincerely

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      You also need to realise that you will be reporting the facet value but moving the nodes. Just to make it a little more complicated. Not sure about examples, unless you find one of the erosion moving mesh examples. Our version isn't available but I'd expect a PhD student or the like to have done something.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.