August 21, 2023 at 10:12 pmYushu ZhaoSubscriber
I am working on using HFSS to simulate the Q factor of a specific structure. The version of the HFSS I am using is 2022 R2
My setup is :
- change the solution type to HFSS, Network analysis, Modal, auto open ragion.
- I cover a layer of perfect E on the input/ and output terminal of my structure
- define the wave port on the face of the input/ and output terminal of my structure
- in analysis I selct broadand, and add a frequency sweep.
- run the simulation and export the Y parameter.
- The formula to calulate the Q factor that I used is im(1/Y11)/Re(1/Y11)
Now, the Q factor graph that I get is wired since I got some very high speck.
August 22, 2023 at 7:47 amDMARATHEAnsys Employee
Hello Yushu Zhao,
Thanks for posting your query on Ansys Learning Forum. I could see that mentioned setup steps and expression are correct to compute the quality factor of the structure.
However, I suspect issue with some settings especially Port creation. This will have to check with the actual model. If you have access to Ansys Techical support, please raise a service ticket and support engineer will connect you to resolve the issue.
August 23, 2023 at 3:50 amYushu ZhaoSubscriber
Could you please provide me with the way to access the ansys technical support?
August 23, 2023 at 6:21 amDMARATHEAnsys Employee
Please get in touch with your Ansys account manager. He will guide you on how to request access to Ansys Technical support.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Process ‘3dtds’ terminated abnormally
- Error while solving Optimetrics
- Concept of Interpolation Sweep in HFSS
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.