Photonics

Photonics

How to use Mode profile using import source in FDTD

• ferruccio.pisanello
      Subscriber

Hi,

I want to import a mode profile in an FDTD simulation using an import source. I calculated the mode by FDE and exported the mode data as *.MAT file. But import source gives an error saying the MATLAB file doesn't contain a directory field. Can anyone help with this, please?

Thanks

• Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee
      Not sure how can you import mode source in FDTD port, as it does NOT allow users to import source. There is a reason for this: port has mode source, frequency-domain power monitor and mode expansion monitor.
      Since your import source is from FDE, and mode source also uses FDE, there is no need to import source, in most cases.
      In case you really want to import the mode source due to some special reason, you will need to use import source, and refer this example: Using an equation to define the spatial field profile of a source in FDTD
      you have E and H fields, so to have better accuracy, please have the dataset with both E and H fields.

• ferruccio.pisanello
      Subscriber
      Hi,
      Thanks for the reply. I wanted to import the MODE field data into the source in FDTD. I could use the script in the example to do that. Thanks!
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.