February 22, 2022 at 4:06 pmferruccio.pisanelloSubscriber
I want to import a mode profile in an FDTD simulation using an import source. I calculated the mode by FDE and exported the mode data as *.MAT file. But import source gives an error saying the MATLAB file doesn't contain a directory field. Can anyone help with this, please?
ThanksFebruary 22, 2022 at 10:36 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeNot sure how can you import mode source in FDTD port, as it does NOT allow users to import source. There is a reason for this: port has mode source, frequency-domain power monitor and mode expansion monitor.
Since your import source is from FDE, and mode source also uses FDE, there is no need to import source, in most cases.
In case you really want to import the mode source due to some special reason, you will need to use import source, and refer this example: Using an equation to define the spatial field profile of a source in FDTD
you have E and H fields, so to have better accuracy, please have the dataset with both E and H fields.
February 23, 2022 at 9:50 amferruccio.pisanelloSubscriberHi,
Thanks for the reply. I wanted to import the MODE field data into the source in FDTD. I could use the script in the example to do that. Thanks!
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.