May 30, 2022 at 9:43 pmWondSubscriberHello,
Please how can I use PML layer in Ansys workbench for a harmonic analysis ? thank you for your help
May 31, 2022 at 6:34 amErik KostsonAnsys EmployeeHi
We need to model the air and a box/enclosure surrounding the air which will be the pml region(share topology between them - see image below).
Then define physics region for both the PML box and the air (so two acoustic regions - see below), and the one for the PML enclosure set it to PML under the physics region settings (see below).
See below for details:
All the best
May 31, 2022 at 7:18 pmWondSubscriberI will try it, Thank you for your reply
June 1, 2022 at 6:53 amErik KostsonAnsys EmployeeHi -
Have in mind PML only exists for acoustic elements in harmonic in the mechanical ui. SO the above image is for harmonic acoustics.
For solid187/186 elements we need to change a key option (keyopt 15=1) for the element - see the help manual and the element reference and search in there for PML.
All the best
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
- Colors and Mesh Display
- material damping and modal analysis
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.