Fluids

Fluids

How to use Rosin-Rammler diameter distribution in DEFINE_DPM_INJECTION_INIT?

• Anadi_Mondal
      Subscriber

Hello,

I can use DEFINE_DPM_INJECTION_INIT to initiate the particle's injection properties like diameter. For constant(uniform) particle diameter I can use P_DIAM(p) = C(any constant value).  But I want to use the Rosin-Rammler diameter distribution here instead of a constant value of particle diameter. How to implement the Rosin-Rammler diameter distribution for P_DIAM(p)?

Regards,

Anadi

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

You will need to write the Rosin Rammler Distribution and use it within DEFINE_DPM_INJECTION_INIT.

• Anadi_Mondal
      Subscriber

Hello Dr Amine,

For the Rosin-Rammler distribution, I need to put values for Min. Diameter, Max. Diameter, Mean Diameter, Spread parameter, Number of Diameters under point properties. According to the example for Rosin-Rammler distribution in the ANSYS user guide , I should know the mass fraction and droplet diameter distribution to get the mean diameter and spread parameter value. I can calculate these values(mean diameter and spread parameter) in EXCEL based on my droplet distribution. But in the 'Point properties' panel, the mass fraction is not required.  Will ANSYS automatically set the droplet mass fraction for each droplet during injection from each face of the surface when all other values( Min. Diameter, Max. Diameter, Mean Diameter, Spread parameter, Number of Diameters)are given?

Anadi

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Ansys will translate your RR input prarameter into a RR distribution (also known as Weibull distribution). Your input should be so prepared like in the example in the User's Guide. If you already have mass fraction or number fraction and the diameter classes you can aslo use a Table to provide the injection size parameters.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.