Fluids

Fluids

HOW TO USE SYMMETRY BOUNDARY CONDITION FOR A TUBE

• Rishikesh393
      Subscriber

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to simulate a receiver tube of solar parabolic through collector. For this, I am creating only half geometry of the pipe and then simulating using suitable boundary conditions.

The problem which i am facing is, while applying so many times the symmetry tool in mesh window...result is still showing wrong.

attaching the actual contours of velocity profile which i am trying to get, along with my velocity profile..so that i can visually show you all my problem.

1st pic is about velocity contours which i am getting. Although i have tried a lot to apply symmetry conditions yet i am getting wrong results.

2nd pic is what i am consistently trying to get.

Any assistance would be much appreciated. please help me regarding this !!

Regards,

Rishikesh Kumar

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      I do not think this has to do with mesh mirroring but rather with the whole model. You need to know why you have maximum velocity not at the axis? Have you checked that? What do you have as boundary, model, methods..? Add more info.n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Check the boundary type in Fluent, that looks like a wall. n
    • Rishikesh393
      Subscriber
      Sir, the reference Paper upon which I am working have mentioned that..The receiver is considered symmetric about its vertical axis. Therefore only a half section of receiver has been considered for numerical modelling.nNow the Boundary conditions used by the Author are;n1) The fluid flow have a uniform velocity at the receiver inlet..here I have no problem.n2) Zero pressure gradient condition is employed across the outlet boundary..no problem.n3) The top half periphery of the receiver is subjected to some radiation Flux..no issue.n4) The bottom half periphery of the receiver is subjected to Some radiation Flux multiplied by a concentration ratio...In this only I have a Doubt Sir. If the Geometry is symmetric about the base plane, so it should not be a Wall type. It should be of Symmetry type. But, if am changing it to symmetry type, then i am unable to apply any boundary condition.nAlthough in the reference Paper, they have clearly mentioned that..Symmetry boundary conditions are applied for the receivernplease sir, guide me !!nThanks&Regards,nRishikesh Kumarn
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      What do the images in the paper look like? n
    • Rishikesh393
      Subscriber
      Following contours are given in the reference paper, at the Receiver tube Outlet..!!nnn
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      That would suggest that it's a symmetry plane: you've got a wall. n
    • Rishikesh393
      Subscriber
      Thank u so much..!!nn
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.