October 24, 2020 at 5:38 ampravallikalikithSubscriberCurrently I am doing static structural analysis in ansys workbench. For my model i have to do mesh refinement study. Initially i have designed the model with 1.2L elements and slowly increased to 2.35L, the simulation was running successfully. When i increase the number of elements to 2.65L it was stopped due to memory issues. Can i use the iterative solver instead of direct solver. If so, how to use it and settings for that.nAnyone would be highly appreciated.n
October 24, 2020 at 2:49 pmpeteroznewmanSubscribernUnder Analysis Settings is Solver selection where you can force it to be the Iterative solver instead of the Direct solver.nI don't understand the meaning of 1.2L , 2.65L.nTo do a mesh refinement on the maximum stress, you only need to refine the mesh in the local volume around the location of maximum stress. You can do this by adding a Sizing Mesh Control on the Body and make the Type Sphere of Influence. But you must first create a Coordinate System with an origin near the location of maximum stress. Most of the rest of the model does not need smaller elements.n
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.