Fluids

Fluids

HOW TO WRITE UDF AND DEFINE THE FOLLOWING FUNCTION IN THE FOLLOWING EQUATION

• DEBA
      Subscriber

HELLO SIR I AM ATTACHING ONE IMAGE FILE . I WANT TO WRITE UDF FOR PLUG RADIUS ie Rp, Which is depend on p(t).How to write udf and define variable . PLs help me

• mli
      Ansys Employee

We have UDF training material and tutorials to help you get started. Let us know if you do not have access.

• DEBA
      Subscriber

No sir I have not that material. Please sir help me by providing this material and How to write udf for this please sir

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

As already highlighted by mli You need to attend a UDF Training so that you get the Training Materials. For the Function itself a DEFINE_PROFILE is required to prescribe the profile at inlet.

• DEBA
      Subscriber

plese sir give me training material

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Hi,

The old course is available on the Customer Portal (the University ASC will have access) or for the more recent version you will need to subscribe to the ANSYS Learning Hub. Details are here  https://www.ansys.com/services/learning-hub

However, if you read all the answers in all the threads you've created you will find the manual covers most of what you need, via DEFINE_PROFILE. 

Best wishes,
      Rob

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello,

As indicated by Rob, you should be able to find all the necessary information you need in the UDF customization manual. If you are looking for sound advice, I strongly recommend that you copy the UDF from the manual and test it to see for yourself how it works. Once you have confidence in the original UDF, you can start working on modifying it. This exercise will make sure you are able to run and compile UDFs at your end on your fluent installation. Here is a link on how to run your UDF. i hope this helps you to move forward with your analysis.

Best Regards,

Karthik

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.