March 19, 2021 at 12:57 pmmats_lindqvistSubscriber
I can't seem to get this model to converge. I use Link180 elements, "rough contacts, adjust-to-touch" between belt and pulleys, revolute joints at holes (or "general" joint with one rotation and one translation free, and a spring (body-ground) to model the springs. Im ultimtely looking for eigenmodes/frequencies, but maybe this is not possible, as it is a nonlinear model, as currently set up... Currently, just to set up the model properly, its a "static structural" with a torsional stiffnes on the upper revolute joint, and a torque applied on the bottom pulley, just to set up the model, and get it to converge, and behave properly.
How would you set this up?
Grateful for any guidance...
/MatsMarch 23, 2021 at 11:33 am1shanAnsys Employee,nIt might be a better option to set the pulleys as rigid first and run the simulation(just to reduce the complexity of the problem). Also, rather than assigning a joint stiffness and moment, try using a rotational load initially. Could you check the Newton Ralpson residuals to see where the non convergence source is ? Also why are you using Link180 elements?.Regards,nIshan.nViewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.