February 12, 2021 at 12:42 amgun1705Subscriber
I am using a student license (free version) and I recently upgraded from 2020 R2 to 2021 R1. I have been using the settings as attached for all my previous simulations and it worked fine. But, I am getting the following error (as attached) when trying to run the new version. The new version (2021 R1) doesn't show this error for 4 (solver processes)/0 (Solver GPU per machine) parallel settings. Can someone tell me the reason for this and also a workaround for using higher solver processes.
Thanks appreciate your time and help!February 12, 2021 at 10:33 amRobAnsys EmployeeWe decreased the Student HPC to 4 cores, so set parallel to 4 and it'll work. Given the cap on cell count and that the code is for learning that's plenty: most of the tutorials are designed to run on 2 cores in under 20 minutes. nFebruary 12, 2021 at 6:28 pmgun1705SubscriberOhh! okay. Thanks for your help.nViewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Limitations to Student License?
- Not seeing any items in the ANSYS Workbench toolbox?
- Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox
- “An error occurred while starting the solver module.” – Maybe licence problem?
- FLUENT application Failed to start
- Please recommend the configuration of the computer workstation
- No license available at this time
- ANSYS License Manager Error
- I am using MacBook Pro with M1chip, how can I install or any other ways to use Ansys ?
- Your product license has numerical problem size limits…..
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.