Fluids

Fluids

hybrid and standard initialization in combustion simulation

• Weiqiang Liu
      Subscriber
      Hi all,nI am doing a catalytic combustion simulation in a micro-combustor with fluent. I found different initionlization methods will yield different iteration behaviour.nif I use hybrid initialization and patch a high temperature like 1600K to ignite the mixture, then temperature in computation domain will decrease from the patched temperature like combustion never happens.nHowever, if I use standard initialization and compute from inlet, then temperature in the domain will increase to a higher temperature and then decrease. intuitively, combustion truely happens this time though these two method give same final results.nI am wondering why would this happen?nBest regardsnweiqiangn
    • RK
      Ansys Employee
      Hi weiqiang, nThis behavior can be explained by the way the two initialization methods work. For example, in hybrid initialization, the laplace equation is solved to produce a velocity field which conforms to the domain and all other variables are patched based on domain averaged values. In standard initialization, you define the values of the flow variables and initialize to these values. n
    • Weiqiang Liu
      Subscriber
      yes, thanks very much for your explanation!n
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.