October 18, 2023 at 3:37 pmmdtiSubscriber
I am in need of support to model the viscous drag from the heave plate/skirt of the attached platform using Ansys Aqwa. My queries are as follows:
- I am aware that "Disc" can be used to model drag force from a heave plate. But do i need two discs at 6 (m) apart (see the figure)? If I have to use two discs, what could be the 'Disc Normal' values along Z axis?
- If it is possible to model the drag effect of the heave plate using a single 'Disc', what could be the ideal location (along height) and 'Disc Normal' value (along +ve or -ve z axis)?
- Please be aware that in the upper part (where small vertical cylinder connects to the heave plate) at the centre of the heave plate there is a hole. how to model a disc plate with a hole in it?
October 19, 2023 at 3:34 pmIngrid MacheclerAnsys Employee
there has been similar questions on the forum. You might be interested in these:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Licensing – Request name does not exist in the licensing pool
- 2022 R1 Ansys Mechanical APDL: QXcbConnection: Failed to initialize XRandr
- error “ansyslmd: Cannot connect to license server system. (-15,10032)
- The analysis systems in Workbench are missing
- Student license renewal
- Mechanical APDL Launcher Options
- how to open files created from newer version by using the older version of ansys
- Problems using 2022/R2
- Ansys Helic Tools Installation Issue: Missing Helic_PDK directory
- Results Probe in ANSYS Workbench
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.