January 5, 2022 at 1:25 pmprashant_learnerSubscriber
After AQWA solver completes solution successfully .pld and .plt files are missing in solution.January 6, 2022 at 12:05 pmVigneswaran SridharanAnsys EmployeeHey The error reported by Workbench suggests that the requested plot quantity does not exist in the PLT file.
There is a small possibility that you may encounter this error when adding new results to a project created and solved in an older version.
Re-running the calculation should certainly solve the problem.
As a side note: since Release 17.0 Aqwa Workbench automatically generates a Mass Distribution (MSD) file which is used in the calculation of Shear Forces/Bending Moments. If you run the Workbench-generated DAT file directly you should ensure that the MSD file is in the same folder as the DAT file.
Ansys Learning Forum
January 6, 2022 at 12:52 pmErik KostsonAnsys EmployeeHi
As suggested by our colleagues and keep looking for updates there and workarounds:
March 7, 2022 at 1:56 pmErica2018aSubscriberI have this problem too ... did you find a solution?
July 14, 2022 at 7:19 ameuui2000Subscriber
Please use Workbench version over 2020R2.
It is not properly working under this version.
Follow the below steps.
September 14, 2022 at 5:47 pmUdara GunasekaraSubscribersame error any solution for this currently using Ansys 2019.2 If there is any solution please shareViewing 5 reply threads
- Open and Change the setting of External Operation before Solving.
- Set "Run a Python Script"
- Add this script in the generated file.
for ext in [".PLD", ".PLS"]:
open(AqwaInputFileNoExt + ext, "a").close()
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.