February 6, 2022 at 11:47 pmEdgardSubscriberFebruary 7, 2022 at 9:12 amErik KostsonAnsys EmployeeHi
First. Make sure is properly restrained (so it can not rotate or move due to a force - I can not see from the above it is ).
FInally make sure all beams and their shared vertices are connected (say were 2-4 beams connect at a vertex) - this can be done by inspection of the geometry, repair and finally using shared topology in Spaceclaim.
For the above See here:
Even though I would not recommend it and we should use shared topology in spaceclaim, it is also sometimes possible to connect the mesh in Mechanical so look into the merge node object and try that in your model (that will zip together coincident nodes).
All the best
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Colors and Mesh Display
- Large deflection
Top Rated Tags