Ansys Products

Ansys Products

I am unable to run ANSYS EDT Q3D simulation do to a License error. What can I do to change this?

• Novedgnik
      Subscriber
      When I try to run a DC R/L analysis the message window gives me this error'nFailover feature 'ANSYS Electronics Solve Level 1'specified in license prefences is not available. Request name elec_solve_level1 does not exist in Licensing pool. No such feature exists. Feature : elec_solve_level1 License path: 1055@COE-E239-SERV02.SJSUAD.SJSU.EDU: FLexNetLIcensing Error:-5,147nI was told that this maybe a firewall issue, but when I deactivated my firewalls the problem still persisted. What can I do to change this?n
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      can you please share the contents of your license file?.Thank you,nMattn
    • Novedgnik
      Subscriber
      Is this the License filenn
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      That is the license file, and it appears to be current. It is possible that it was not installed properly or there is another license in place on the server.nnFrom your machine, can you send the text of the C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\.ansys\licdebug.ANSYSEDT.EXE.XXX.out and licdebug.Q3DCOMENGINE.EXE.XXX.out files?n
    • Novedgnik
      Subscriber
      I did not find the license by that path, but I did find it separately.n
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      That license file is expired and shouldn't be used. You should have logs in the path I provided that will help us to determine where the problem is. Perhaps you could ask the License Server Admin or Professor at the university to comment on this thread so I may get some information from them as well?n
    • Novedgnik
      Subscriber
      I was able to get the Correct ANSYS License. nn
    • Novedgnik
      Subscriber
      Could the problem be the FlexNet system? Is that a software that I should look for in my system?n
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      It will not be on your system, it's on the license server machine COE-E239-SERV02.SJSUAD.SJSU.EDU. We will need to see the content of the logs in your client machine. They must exist in the path I provided, as they are created anytime you try to run any ANSYS application.n%TEMP%\.ansys\licdebug......nn
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      In looking at the license again, there is no “elec_solve_level1” license. This would indicate that you need to modify your HPC and Analysis Options to NOT use the Pro, Premium, Enterprise licenses. Please see the attached screenshot. This setting is under Tools -> Options -> General Options -> General -> Desktop Configuration. Please UNCHECK the box.nn
    • Novedgnik
      Subscriber
      Thank you that has worked thank you for all your help.nn
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.