Fluids

Fluids

I have a Ansys fluent problem which should be subjected to a vibration, how to do it?

• abhijithtom
      Subscriber

I have a Ansys fluent problem which should be subjected to a vibration, how to do it?

• Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello When you say "subjected to a vibration", I'm assuming that you are talking about Mechanical Vibration (like a shaker table)? I'm not sure what your end goal is. But if you are looking to understand the fluid flow, you can use the dynamic mesh settings in Fluent. You might need a UDF (or use Fluent expressions if you have an analytical expression) to describe the motion of the shaker table.
      I hope this helps.
      Karthik
    • abhijithtom
      Subscriber
      Hi Karthik If my case is a fluid flow across a pipe and this system as a whole needs to subjected to a vibration. How to do it. The main aim would be to understand its effect on fluid flow.?
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello If you do not have an analytical expression that explains the vibration, then you may need to use System Coupling between Ansys Mechanical and Fluent. You should be able to model the response of the structure under some time varying excitation. If the vibration is a function of frequency (like harmonic or random) then a linear dynamics approach (using harmonic, response spectrum, or random vibration) can be useful.
      Karthik
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.