Fluids

Fluids

I have a doubt related to my project where I am using Ansys Fluent

Tagged: 

• viv_vid
      Subscriber

Hello All,

So I am working on a project which is based on Mars. We are building a photobioreactor to cultivate Algae in Mars. My task is to maintain the water temperature of the tank in which algae is to around 20-25 degree celcius so that the algae survives.

Now I did my research on Mars and accordingly built my base 2d model and analysed the outside temperature and the Martian soil temperature. Since I am using Ansys fluent as a beginer I would appreciate any help. I am seeing many tutorial videos which are helping me.

Explanation of my model :

• RK
      Ansys Employee
      Hello An Ansys employees, we will not be able to download any files.
      After applying shared topology, Fluent will create a wall and wall shadow - the direction normal vectors will be the opposite on these 2 walls. I am not sure why you are using mesh interfaces.
    • viv_vid
      Subscriber
      I was just following a tutorial video where there was a heat transfer between a fluid inside a pipe and the pipe walls. In that video he used mesh interfaces and coupled the interfaces, and he mentioned that you need to do this step, then only Fluent software will realize that there is a heat transfer between them. So if I am using shared topologies, I do not need to use mesh interface right?
    • RK
      Ansys Employee
      Please refer to this section : 7.4.15. Wall Boundary Conditions (ansys.com)
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.