September 3, 2018 at 9:37 amandrey_franyukSubscriber
Hello. After installing ansys 18.2, the program does not start and gives an error. What should i do?
September 3, 2018 at 12:09 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
Are you installing the free ANSYS Student 18.2 or a Research license version of 18.2?
Did you unzip the download onto the C: drive? Are you installing into the default location on the C: drive?
Did you turn off the Antivirus before installing?
Does your username on the computer have only English characters?
Does your computer name have only English characters?
What OS are you installing on?
Uninstall all versions of ANSYS.
In Windows Explorer, type %AppData% in the path field. You will be in the Roaming directory. Delete the Ansys folder, then go up a level and down to the Local directory and delete the Ansys folder. Go to Program Files and delete the ANSYS folder.
Go to C:Program FilesANSYS Studentv182prereq and "Run as administrator" every exe file in that folder that contains the prerequisites
Restart the computer.
Finally "Run as administrator" setup.exe
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Limitations to Student License?
- Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox
- Not seeing any items in the ANSYS Workbench toolbox?
- ANSYS License Manager Error
- “An error occurred while starting the solver module.” – Maybe licence problem?
- FLUENT application Failed to start
- Please recommend the configuration of the computer workstation
- No license available at this time
- I am using MacBook Pro with M1chip, how can I install or any other ways to use Ansys ?
- Problem with ANSYS 18.2 SpaceClaim
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.