Fluids

Fluids

I have a problem with fluent MSMD battery module.

• Punnathorn14099
      Subscriber

I try to simulation of 12 cells 32650 LiFePO4 battery. The picture below is configuration of my battery pack.

• Konstantine Kourbatski
      Ansys Employee
      Hello which version are you using? In the current release 2021R2 the number of allowed passive zones is set to 10. Have you tried doing what the code instructs and increase the number of passive zones zones, which are tabs and bushbars.

• Punnathorn14099
      Subscriber
      To Keaton. I type "rpsetvar 'battery/max-n-zone-per-entity 5" and it said "invalid command [rpsetvar]".

• Konstantine Kourbatski
      Ansys Employee
      type exactly as instructed ( and this includes parenthesis) ;
      (rpsetvar 'battery/max-n-zone-per-entity 5)
      Before doing so, you can check what this rpvar is set for by:
      (rpgetvar 'battery/max-n-zone-per-entity)

• mehmetsaidd
      Subscriber
      Hello everyone, I'm trying to model multiple batteries with the msmd module, but I couldn't succeed. Can anyone help me, can I leave an e-mail for communication? If I send a sample of my work, can you tell me my mistake?
    • Punnathorn14099
      Subscriber
      To Keaton, I have another problem when I simulate 1 cell of 18650 with air cooling. The problem is negative and positive tab don't show up in electric contact in MSMD battery module as the picture below. Cause of this problem is the air that I assign in the battery box. But I still don't know how to fix this problem. I have tried to suppressed the air volume and n p tab show up but it not what I want it to be.

• Konstantine Kourbatski
      Ansys Employee
      There are quite a few resources out there on modeling batteries. A web search for "ansys fluent msmd? yields a number of videos outlining the model set up which may be required steps. Also, if you haven't done so already, absolutely review relevant sections of the User guide, i. e. Chapter 27: Modeling Batteries:
      There are two tutorials on the ansyshelp site on battery modeling: 1) Simulating a Single Battery Cell Using the MSMD Battery Model, and 2) Simulating a 1P3S Battery Pack Using the Battery Model
      Following those and then adapting your specific set up could be of help
    • Vaibhav1020
      Subscriber
      I HAVE PROBLEM WITH 3*3 BATTERY SIMULATION WITH HPPC DATA. When i fire the the case, after the 2 or 3 step its showing stop condition hit. Please, suggest what are the root causes for this!
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.